10/19/2012 3:36 PM
Whether it be for an anniversary, a birthday, or just because you want to get away, a destination date is an exciting way to spend time with your favorite lad or lady.
How do you decide where to go? Why not choose from the best places in the world?
Last night, the 19th World Travel Awards took place in Singapore, revealing some of the best hotels, cruise lines, golf resorts, casinos, theme parks, and more. Here are a few of our American favorites.
Best Beach Destination: Maui, Hawaii
- The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands, Maui features mountains and waterfalls in addition to its black sand beaches.
- Lahaina is one of the main attractions on the island with an entire street of shops and restaurants which lead to a wharf where many set out for a sunset cruise or whale watching journey.
Best Casino Resort: Bellagio, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Known for its large dancing fountains display, the Bellagio is famed for its elegance.
- It completed a $70 million upgrade in December 2011, remodeling all of the main tower's 2,500 rooms.
- Professional poker players choose the Bellagio for the high table limits.
Best Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean International
- Each ship includes a top lounge called the Viking Crown Lounge offering sweeping panoramic views, onboard rock climbing walls, bars, lounges, spas, gyms, a main dining room and alternative dining venues.
- The company operates two privately owned resorts that are used as stops on some Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries; Labadee on the northern coast of Haiti and Coco Cay, a private island in the Berry Islands region of The Bahamas.
Best Golf Resort: The Lodge at Pebble Beach, California
- One of the most beautiful courses in the world, Pebble Beach hugs the rugged coastline and has wide open views of Carmel Bay, opening to the Pacific Ocean, on the south side of the Monterey Peninsula.
- Most rooms feature wood-burning fireplaces and patios or balconies overlooking the golf course or ocean.
Best Ski Resort: St. Regis Resort, Aspen, Colorado
- Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the St. Regis Resort is between the mountain's two primary base ski lifts, and within walking distance to all of Aspen's shops, restaurants and entertainment.
- Every guest room and suite features the most advanced entertainment and communication technology.
Best Theme Park: Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Florida
- The most visited theme park in the world, Magic Kingdom is divided into six themed sections: Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.
- It's opened year round and has only been closed for four hurricanes and the September 11th attacks.
Best Tourist Attraction: Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the park covers 1,217,262 acres.
- The Grand Canyon, and its extensive system of tributary canyons, is valued for its combination of size, depth, and exposed layers of colorful rocks.