7/29/2011 11:09 AM
One way to conduct your online dating search is to seek out singles from certain cities, but where should you start? It helps to know which towns typically have the type you’re looking for.
Fortunately, Travel + Leisure Magazine recently conducted America’s Favorite Cities survey and the results tell you exactly where to find the majority of musicians, single parents, athletes, party people, and more.
- Denver is your destination for rugged, outdoorsy dudes, which helped the city earn its nickname “Men”-ver.
- If culturally diverse singles is what you’re seeking, surveyors suggest San Francisco and New York City. These cities are also successful in the LGBT dating scene.
- Have kids, will travel? Single parent cities that ranked high on the list are Orlando and San Diego for their kid-friendly attractions.
- Charleston was named number one for antique shops and quaint bed & breakfast inns for those singles interested in the slower, more serene lifestyle.
- Another relaxing, laidback city which topped the list for romance is the Hawaiian capital, Honolulu.
- If you’re searching for smart singles that are environmentally aware, yet enjoy a few microbrew beers, Portland ranked first in each of those categories.
- Do you want to find a fellow foodie? Don’t mess with Texas when it comes to burgers, barbeque, and ethnic food, as voters gave Houston the highest marks for the heartiest meals.
- If you prefer the liquid lunch, New Orleans ranked first for cocktails and fascinating party people.
- Nashville and Austin are the live music meccas for those looking to mingle with musicians, while Las Vegas tops the list for wild weekenders.
Which city is your favorite spot to search? Log on to Planet Love Match® and meet new singles today!
Source: travelandleisure.com, Photo: ljleavell