8/17/2012 11:15 AM
Addendum to the penis picture blog post:
I ran across posts from a few guys online who were dismayed to learn that women share and laugh at the penis pictures they receive. I just want to confirm that, yes, if you send women penis pictures without asking, they will probably laugh and pass them around. While there are guys that are into women laughing at their penises, I’m going to assume that, for most men, that is not the reaction they had in mind.
Additionally, some wanted me to emphasize that many women do indeed dig erotic pictures; they just don’t find disembodied wangs hot. Guys who want to send pictures that titillate rather than amuse should consider wider shots that include chests, thighs, or even (gasp!) faces.
Sorry, Cosmo, I really am.
To get to the good Cosmo sex tips for Wednesday’s post, I still had to wade through a few that made me laugh out loud. Some of the most amusing:
- Eat a meal together without utensils and feed each other as part of foreplay. The author specifically recommended spaghetti as a hands-on option. The visual of red-sauced, sticky strands clinging to naked bodies is etched into my brain forever. Thanks a lot, Cosmopolitan.
- Get into bed in a sopping wet t-shirt. While I’m sure the visual is appealing, that’s gonna give “the wet spot” a whole new meaning. Perhaps you should climb into the shower in a thin t-shirt instead?
- Text your guy one word messages that, when put together, form a sentence that tells him what you want to do tonight. Okay, I love word games, but, “sexy” is not one of the adjectives I ascribe to them.
- “Build momentum by keying in to an ocean legend that the seventh in a series of sea waves is the strongest. Lie on your back on a bench and have your man make every seventh thrust his most powerful.” Who the hell wants to spend their sexy time counting sets of seven? Also, why a bench? Am I missing something?
- “Before company comes over, get it on in one of the chairs in your living room. Seeing a guest sitting there later will remind you of how naughty you were.” Worst. Hosts. Ever.
Progress on the Elusive Male Birth Control Pill
Reversible male birth control is not yet a reality, but we are getting closer. Scientists have isolated a molecule that reduces sperm production and makes the sperm that are produced a lot slower. They are currently testing the new drug on mice. When the mice stop receiving the drug, sperm production returns to normal quickly. While a possible birth control pill that uses this technology is still many years away, the discovery is promising.