7/30/2012 3:38 PM
Looking for something fun for a date night spent in? If you’ve been dating long enough that a cozy, at-home date is a good option, consider having a movie day together. Pull out the popcorn popper, grab some comfy blankets, and grab a few of these great movies to share:
1. Gross Pointe Blank – Lloyd Dobbler as a king fu fighting international assassin. Need we say more?
2. Shaun of the Dead – when it’s funny, it’s really funny. When it’s scary, it’s great for making her jump and bury her head in your shoulder.
3. True Lies – plenty of great explosions, humor and romance.
4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
5. Quantum of Solace – just about any Bond film is a good pick.
6. Hedwig and the Angry Inch – because you really can’t go wrong with a musical comedy about an East German transsexual rock singer.
7. The Man With Two Brains – even better if your date hasn’t seen this comedy classic.
8. After the Sunset – this under-rated film is not heavy viewing, it’s true. But, there are plenty of laughs, and Salma Hayak and Pierce Brosnan have great chemistry.
9. North by Northwest – any Hitchcock, really.
10. The Maiden Heist – a great heist flick with a romantic resolution.
11. Dale and Tucker vs Evil – a winning comedic riff on slasher films.
12. The Illusionist – great story and a romantic mystery.
13. Amelie – endearing and goofy.
15. Shakespeare in Love
17. My Big Fat Greek Wedding – so charming that you never realize that there’s no conflict in the whole story.
18. After Hours – a smart comedy about a guy who just wants to go home.
19. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou
20. The Princess Bride – no list would be complete without this date movie favorite.
What are some of your date movie favorites?