8/9/2012 11:38 AM
So, ways to make your ex jealous is a hot topic today. And, while I can understand the appeal, I just can’t recommend it as a good use of your energy. This person is out of your life, probably for a reason. If that isn’t enough to make you stop focusing on them, here are five more reasons you should not bother to make your ex jealous:
- Healthy people don’t waste energy on people who aren’t worth it. There are only so many minutes in a day, and only so much space in your mind. Dedicate it to things that are going to make you feel better long term.
- Trying to make other people feel bad only makes you feel bad. When you try to make someone upset, you are focusing your attention on that emotion. You’ll spend way too much time thinking about how it serves them right, after all those terrible things they did to you. Instead, just put it behind you. Rise above, and fill your days with stuff that makes you feel good not because it makes someone feel bad, but simply because it is pleasing to you.
- It’s petty. Be an adult and move on. Putting energy into upsetting someone is just bad behavior.
- It makes you less attractive. People can just feel the spite and anger coming off you in waves. Act like that, and people are not going to like you. After a break up, the goal is to move on and have exciting and fulfilling new experiences with awesome new people. You can’t do that if you are caught up in making the last one pay.
- Because living well really is the best revenge. Read all of this and still want to make your ex jealous? Okay, then chew on this: there is nothing that will make them understand the ways that they missed out like moving on and enjoying a fulfilling life without them. There’s a great Coco Chanel quote that you need to etch into your brain with a laser: “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.”
Even if your goal is to make your ex jealous, the best way to accomplish that is to focus on improving your self-confidence and enriching your life. And, the best part? By the time you’ve pulled it off, you’ll reach a place where you’ve gotten past them and you truly no longer care about making them think about you.