10/3/2012 1:26 PM
Would you say you're sexually adventurous? While Americans are having more sex (151 times a year / 2.9 times a week) compared to 2011 (120 times a year / 2.3 times a week), 81% are looking for ways to make their sex lives more exciting.
The recent Trojan® Charged™ Sex Life Survey reveals this information and much more.
"We all have varying needs and desires when it comes to leading a fulfilling sex life," said Logan Levkoff, Relationship Expert and Certified Sexuality Educator. "We lead such chaotic lives that it's easy to become complacent in the bedroom. We need to make it a priority to maintain intimacy by having honest discussions with our partners about what turns us on, whether it's a new toy or a sexual fantasy."
How to Be More Adventurous
- The top ranking ways respondents say they strive for more exciting sex lives include spontaneous sex (48%), using lubricant (40%), having sex someplace different (36%) and talking dirty (32%).
- Also, 72% would introduce a vibrator into the bedroom to shake things up and 70% are open to trying a new condom designed to enhance orgasmic pleasure.
- 32% of Americans have had sex outdoors, with one in three having hooked up on the beach or at a friend's place and one in four at their in-laws' house.
- 23% have engaged in sexting, 16% have sent a naughty photo or video and 22% have participated in phone sex.
Which Cities are the Most Sexual?
- Atlanta lives up to its "Hotlanta" nickname with residents proving to be the most sexually adventurous (71%) and exhibiting the highest sex drive (7.2 out of 10).
- Miami claims the most sex (177 times a year) and the highest rate of sexual satisfaction (73%).
- Dallas saddles up with the longest sack sessions (39 minutes), yet they are most likely to have faked an orgasm (47%).
The Trojan® Charged™ Sex Life Survey is based on two studies conducted by StrategyOne. The survey was conducted from May 4 – May 15, 2012. The first, a national sample of 1,000 10-minute surveys, was conducted online among U.S. Adults 18+.
The second was a study conducted online in ten major U.S. cities among Adults 18+. The cities were: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, San Francisco, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Washington D.C., Atlanta, and Houston. A total of 2,000 10-minute surveys were conducted.