8/31/2012 10:19 AM
There are more places every year where you and the one you love can join your lives in marriage. Why not go for a destination wedding in one of these exciting and beautiful locales?
- Amsterdam – the liberal Netherlands was the first country in the world to legalize same sex marriage. This laidback city offers gorgeous architecture, great food, and warm, inviting citizens.
- Niagara Falls – Go on the New York side or up in Canada; same-sex marriage is legal in both spots. Niagara Falls has long been known as a kitschy but romantic wedding and honeymoon destination for a reason. Both sides of the falls have wedding options that range from charming chapels to helicopter operators that will marry you as you soar over the falls.
- Mexico City – this is the first place in the heavily Catholic country to legalize same sex marriage. The city offers great menu options for your wedding feast: foods from all 31 Mexican states are represented, and fresh fish is trucked in daily from the coasts.
- Boston, Massachusetts – remember that there is a three-day waiting period for a marriage license in Massachusetts. Spend those days exploring one of America’s oldest cities, enjoying some great seafood and celebrating with the one you love.
- Iceland – Have a summer wedding and get married under the midnight sun. Choices for nuptials include the coast city of Reykjavík or enjoy the startlingly beautiful scenery in the southern village of Vik.
Photo: Beth Rankin
Posted by Lara
Comments are closed
© Copyright 2013 Global Marketing Resources, Inc. and
PlanetLoveMatch.com | Planet Love Match® is a registered trademark of Global Marketing Resources, Inc. Articles may not be copied or reproduced absent express written permission of Global Marketing Resources Inc.